Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Around the Town in Oak Hill

November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo).  I have agreed to accept the challenge of publishing a blog each day during the month of November.  Many bloggers will accept the challenge, but not all of them will make it.  Will I?  I don’t know.  I’m a rookie blogger, who may have just bitten off more than she can chew.  I hope you’ll check back often and root for my success.  (No gardening pun intended).

The rules for NaBloPoMo are simple.  I need to post each day.  My posts can be any length and may sometimes be as basic as a photograph with a caption.  The point is I have to discipline myself to post everyday; no cheating.  Everything will be written and submitted each day. 

Each day of the week will have a theme to help me organize my thoughts and focus on a topic.  Here’s my plan to divide and conquer this challenge. 
           
·         Chicken Monday
·         Around the Town Tuesday
·         What’s in the Garden Wednesday
·         Thursday Plant Profiles
·         Recipe Friday
·         Saturday How To
·         The Sunday Progress Bar

So, lets get started with Day 1, "Around the Town Tuesday", with an interesting perspective on an Oak Hill neighborhood.

There were some surprisingly steep climbs...

... And some that were steeper still.

There was a lady that took container gardening to a whole new level.

I've never seen so many containers.

She even had a container parterre using roses and bougainvillea.

There was a mailbox arbor that grabbed my attention.

And, last but not least a new fence with some great curb appeal.

Thanks Oak Hill and thanks to Jeanne for being my travel guide.  That's Day 1, and that's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment